RCU Forums - View Single Post - Air Hogs Aero Ace!
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 10:55 PM
funkoptimus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Air Hogs Aero Ace!

My first post here and I must say this place and this thread are very impressive. I tried to read most of it but 160+ pages..wow!!! Just got my AA a couple days ago but havent really flown it as my livingroom is to small for it and it is really windy as of late.

Couple of questions. Sorry I am sure they have been asked.

First off I live in the frigid North in Minnesota and I am wondering how they do in the cold. I read in the instructions that it is a no no to do in 45 degrees or less. Is a big deal?? If you dont see a problem how do they do with snow. Obviously they shouldnt get wet but what about a large plowed parking lot with minimal snow.

2nd question. Is there a charger that can be used so I dont fill a landfill with AA batteries. I read about some mods but couldnt find a link to pictures and instructions that made sense. Obviously a charger would be easier.

3rd question. I hear some people say not to use rechargables in the transmiter as they are bad for the lipo in the plane when recharging it. But I see some do. Can someone clarify this for me.

Thanx in advance!!!