RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which Fuel Mixture?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2003, 07:07 PM
lownslo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OHHHH Man!!! Here goes!!!

OK HavinFun2002...... I really wanted to post a link here and let someone else catch the flak.., but I could not find it. It was a chart comparing four fuel brands. I will TRY? to relay at least the basic message this chart was showing. Fuel brands all claim "the best ingredients", 99.9% pure etc. The thing that bothered me was the way at least one manufacturer mixed their componants. They measured their content's percentage by "specific gravity" instead VOLUME!!
When I looked at "their" contents.... oil listed at 18% on their label was NOT 18% by volume. That also goes for the nitro content in their fuel. Their "percentage" was by weight!! Soooo, the oil was something around 16.5 % and 15% nitro was really 13.?? %!!!! The rest of the weight being made up by alcohol. The problem being....the oil protection you thought you were getting was not the 18%. The POWER you were buying, (15%), was not totally there either. I KNOW I WILL CATCH enough flak for this as it is, so I will not mention the brand I refuse to buy. WHERE IN THE xxxx DID THAT CHART GO???!!!! I will say this.... I WILL use Wildcat, Omega, and Sig fuels.
Wildcat premium extra being my favorite.
This "fuel thing" can get volitile!!(no pun intented). Try reading about fuels on RCU's fuel forum..... here is a link I pasted for you.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/showthread...640&forumid=47
This guy "fuelman" knows his stuff and helped me decide on a good 4 stroke mix/brand. He sells his own fuel, but it was cost prohibitive for me with the shipping. That still did not deter him giving me his full attention on the forum and with phone calls.
Good luck......lownsloo