RCU Forums - View Single Post - PZ Slo-V VS. GWS Slow Stick
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 09:46 AM
RickAvery

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PZ Slo-V VS. GWS Slow Stick

I vote for the slo-v but only if the parkzone electronics are switched to conventional 72mhz equipment. I found the OEM electrics to be very unreliable. To their credit, PZ always replaced defective parts at NO charge. I just got tired of shipping stuff back & forth through the mail while my bird sat and collected dust. My bro-in-law has a slow stick which is equipped with the same electronics & motor as my slo-v is now. Astro 010 brushless/gearbox, 10amp ESC, cheapo 4ch Rx, HS-55 servos on 2cell LiPos. I've flown them both a bunch. They fly VERY similar, climb about the same, go the same speed... But the slo-v is noticeably more manuverable & quicker to respond IMHO. My bro-in-law will tell you the same. I think the 'V' tail is the difference. But are they THAT much different? No!!! Since my pick is the slo-v, give it 100, and the slow stick gets 95. BUT, since the slo-v is not sold as a slope glider at the very reasonable price of the slow stick, and if $$$ were very tight, I'd get the slow stick. You couldn't pay me to use the PZ electrics. To buy the slo-v and then swap out the electrics is not very price efficient. Good luck.
Rick