RCU Forums - View Single Post - Esky Lama V3
Thread: Esky Lama V3
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 09:22 PM
retired911guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Esky Lama V3

The Lama V4 looks distinctly like a Blade CX2.

Now, my problem. Hello, folks. I am a new Lama V3 owner and after trimming it out to a fairly stable hover, I tried it outside under no wind conditions. Everything was going along fine when it took an instantaneous nosedive into the ground from about 50 ft. altitude with no control input from me after flying correctly for about a minute and a half. It was a HARD landing. I searched all around the crash site for the stabilizer bar and could not find it anywhere. This leads me to believe that the bar went flying off on its own and the heli immediately crashed. It was either that or some type of radio glitch that shut it down and the stabilizer bar was catapulted into another county. Has anyone had any experience with the stabilizer bars flying off during flight or the radio hiccuping causing a crash? It was only on its 3rd battery charge. These helicopters could be called "flying frailties". They sure are delicate. It will cost me $100 for the helicopter and $500 in parts before I get the hang of it, I think. Comment, please(ref: the possible cause of the crash only).