RCU Forums - View Single Post - Building a Top Flite GE 1/8 scale F4U Corsair
Old 01-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Larry S
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Building a Top Flite GE 1/8 scale F4U Corsair

Good hearing from you again Jim,
If you're interested, our Warbird event is scheduled for August 25. That is on a Saturday. As of now, hours of event will be 10 AM to 3 PM with lunch between 12 PM to 1 PM. I am the CD of the event. I plan on NO flying during the lunch hour break but want a static display set up because I intend of inviting some the veterans out from the Vererans Home here in Manteno. Hopefully, we can get a couple of the old guys that actually flew warbirds in WW 2. Their stories will amaze you, I know, I've heard them. There will be NO contest because what I'm after is to have several warbirds in the air at once and have no pressure on any flyer who may not want to fly but like to bring their bird out. I have not decided on what the entry fee will be but we will charge a small fee to at least try to raise some money for the club. I'm looking at $5. I plan on having food which we never done before. Again, charges for the food will be very reasonable. To anyone who would like to join our event, SAC Warbird event, you're more then welcome. The more birds we can get the more fun we'll have. If some guys want to dog fight, let me know and I'll announce it, if some guys want to fly solo, let me know and I'll make sure no other planes go up during your flight. I plan on starting a threat on Events, hopefully other clubs will post their events. One more thing Jim, our event is Saturday, August 25 and Palos has theirs Sunday, August 26, same as last year when you came.
More details will come later.
Larry