RCU Forums - View Single Post - New prop jet from Hangar 9 - With a twist!
Old 01-16-2007, 01:55 PM
SPEED51J

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New prop jet from Hangar 9 - With a twist!

ORIGINAL: MJD

ORIGINAL: Kmot

So, you say you wish you could learn to fly RC? But you don't want to start out with one of those frumpy basic high wing trainers? Is that what has got you down, Bunky?? Well, you can have your cake and eat it too! Because Hangar 9 has just answered your wishes!!

How about learning to fly RC with a PRIMARY TRAINER PROP JET?

Introduced to the public at the AMA show is the new Hangar 9 F-22 Raptor PTS!! This plane is very cool looking. And once you take off all the "go slow" goodies it may actually "go fast"?? [8D]

Neat concept I guess. But in terms of going fast, even if you strip off all the accessories, it still looks boxy and relatively slow.

On a similar subject, has anyone here had experience with the P-51 trainer? I get asked about it now and again, and I'd like to be able to offer more than conjecture about it's abilities.

MJD
I saw one last weekend out at my field and it flew very well . It slowed way down for landing and he didn't have the landing gear air brakes on it. It did all the basic maneuvers with no problems. The landing gear is way far forward so it won't nose over on landing. I would recommend it to a new flyer. It does fly like a trainer.