RCU Forums - View Single Post - Radio TX / RX Servo compatibility
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 02:05 PM
simitar1
My Feedback: (60)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radio TX / RX Servo compatibility

I acquired a GP CUB-60 a few weeks ago, it had a Tower System 3000 radio and 5 servos. 1 Futaba S3003, 1 Futaba FP-S148, 1 Hobbico Command CS-51, 2 Tower System 2000 TS-51. I charged the depleted battteries overnight and turned things on, IT WENT NUTS. I had seen this before when I tried to use a FP-S148 as the throttle servo with 4 S3003 servos, I had to buy another S3003. In this case I took out the S148 and the system still had the gitters. I next removed the S3003 and still the problem, next the CS-51 and the remaining 2 TS-51 were Okay.

I went ahead, because I had the time and interest, and checked the S3003 with my plane which had all S3003 servos, it was fine. I had some Command CS-51s in a bag on the wall so I tried the CS-51 with a set of CS-51s on the System 3000 receiver- Worked fine. I found 3, FP-S148s on a servo tray from an older plane, I attached all of them, plus the one from the CUB to the System 3000 and again all was fine.

In each case if I put any one of the other Servos in the mix, the whole system got the gitters. I thought that sometime ago the manufacturers decicde to make things compatible but perhaps it is a generation gap thing. Maybe all Servos from one era are compatible but as technology has advanced, differences have by necessity appeared.

It someone with knowledge of this could provide information I would appreciate it greatly. I resolved the CUB's problem by replacing all the servos with a set of old JR NES-517 servos, they all worked just fine with the System 300 receiver.