RCU Forums - View Single Post - cmp extra 300s 140
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 02:40 PM
chadderbox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: cmp extra 300s 140

I put one of those planes together last year. It was the coolest looking plane I have ever had but also the heaviest (but strong). I put an evolution gt 26 on it and it pulled it around pretty good just for patern flying. Mine was really tail heavey and I had to put a pull pull system on it. The directions say to put the rudder servo in the tail. I also put carbon landing gear on it and threw away all of there hardware (it was all junk). None of the holes came pre drilled including the engine mounts and fire wall. You have to mark and find all of your own holes on all control surfaces and there are not much for directions. All in all I not sure what else I could have expected for just 165 bucks (How do they do it?) but by the time I replaced the hardware and landing gear I probably had another 75$ stuck into it. Still not a bad deal. It is a very strong well put together airplane good for pattern flying. I put ht 625s on the elevator and allerons and a ht 645 on the rudder 2 jr 527s for the choke and throttle. Landing it is a little trickey she comes in fast but I love the way she rolls. She sure is pretty!! (but a little heavey.)