RCU Forums - View Single Post - new radio recommendation
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2007, 09:55 AM
Crismedicatrix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new radio recommendation

Hi Andrew100:

That is cool, a new radio is always something !
I think it depends on where you want to take your flying! If you get a radio with lots of capabilities
it will give you a few more options in correcting flight tendencies and better control, or some fency nice things that makes life easier when setting up a new plane. I like aerobatics and up to date flown up to 27% aircraft so I did not need more than 8 channels max, 2 servos on seperate channels on elevator and a smoke pump. But with a less capable radio I could not have done some of the fun mixing I have here. I am very happy with my older JR PCM 10, and some time in the future look to upgrade to the 10x. I think the JR 9 Channel (9303) is a very flexible radio, but the 10x gives lots of possibilities in a simpler visual approach.
But if you just want to relax and have something ligther to hold and lighter to pay, I think a seven or an eight channel is perfect. No flight modes, but plenty of expo to do all your tricks and a couple more channels to add one or two extras, like retracts or flaps. I would certainly look into the SPECKTRUM.
Hope it helps
Have fun