RCU Forums - View Single Post - OFFICIAL VENDETTA THREAD!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 09:30 PM
darindotson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL VENDETTA THREAD!!!!!!!!!

Impressions?? The best handling car I've ever driven. It is so smooth, and jumps flat and lands softly with the right shock oil (I have 70 wt. in the fronts, and 90 wt. in the rears). Any touring car wheel and tire will fit, giving many options when running on the street. My problem with this car is the addiction to hopping it up. I had it decked out in full blue aluminum, but it was heavy as a tank, and the front suspension was binding due to improper ball-cup fit from the A-arms. Now, I have gone back to plastic on everything except the stress points. Here's a list of suggested mods and those to stay away from unless you are in to the eye candy.

MUST HAVES

1. Ball diffs front and rear (I have Atomic, no issues, just keep 'em tight)
2. Aluminum shock upgrade from Duratrax (these won't leak and are very smooth)
3. Aluminum shock standoffs (those plastic ones will break upon hard landings)
4. Thicker aluminum or steel hinge pin braces front and rear, especially the rear- the stock one won't last
5. Carbon fiber steering servo hold down from Duratrax
6. Steel CVD's at all four wheels (Duratrax seem to be the most sturdy- I have both Atomic and Duratrax)
7. Mini-Quake pinion set (14T, 16T, 19T)
8. Aluminum 12 mm wheel hexes from Duratrax
9. Aluminum front knuckles

OPTIONAL EYE CANDY

1. Aluminum front and rear A-arms from Yeah Racing (they weigh about as much as a 6 cell pack!!)- but sturdy!
2. Aluminum rear knuckles
3. Nitride Shock Shafts (be careful- these are brittle, more so than the normal steel ones)

Regarding motor/ESC combinations, many will do well. I am using the Air Power 4700/Quark 33 Pro Car combo, running both 2S Lipo and 3S Lipo. I am also using the Spektrum radio and receiver (awesome unit IMHO).

I hope this helps!!

Darin
ORIGINAL: FlyinGN

okay, Ill do it. Just ordered one.. After days of net serching and homework it won me over for a gift for my Son.. The pro pulse started it and it lead to the Vendetta.. We shall see in March for his birthday.. Lets hear everyones experience wioth it? Whats the 'history' on this wonderful buggy? Whats the connection with Johnson and Yokomo??

BTW- its a buggy version

Frank