RCU Forums - View Single Post - OFFICIAL VENDETTA THREAD!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 05:34 PM
airshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL VENDETTA THREAD!!!!!!!!!

I just converted my vendetta to locknuts on the wheels, here is what I did... Hit your local hobby and pick up some #4-40 threaded rod, I paid one dollar for a 6" long piece. Also pick up a couple packets of 4-40 nylok nuts..$1.49 for four and a packet of nylon washers for a 4-40 thread. Hit your local ACE hdwe or hobby shop and get a 4-40 threading tap...$ 2.99.. Pull the wheels off and the axles, I am still using the plastic factory units, and tap the hole the wood screw went in about 3/8" then thread the 4-40 rod into the stub with a little dab of blue loctite. Measure 5/16" of thread to hang out and cut with dremel tool. Be sure to put a slight radius/chamfer on cut end of thread. Put the axle back in, it will fit the bearing much better as it has now expanded slightly, mount the hex, a plastic washer then the locknut. I have found the wheels run more true this way and I feel more confident they won't come off.
On the stock wheels you will have to open up the hole slightly to accomodate the 4-40 thread, but the aftermarket wheels already have a slightly larger hole. Not only is it a more positive mount, it really looks sharp !!

Airshot