RCU Forums - View Single Post - ParkZone P-51 Mustang RTF
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 04:42 PM
darnold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ParkZone P-51 Mustang RTF

afpe45- It does seem that the pilots over in Europe have fewer problems with launching this plane then we Yank's over here based upon the posts that I've read here, on the Focke Wolfe thread and another forum.

That's why I've noted as with other PZ Stang pilots that it is critical to take those 5-7 steps to help the Stang get up to airspeed. N7OR is a veteran pilot so if anything I could learn some flying lessons from him I'm sure, it's just that after reading through the entire forum over the past 9 months or so I've recognized a pattern for successful launches that has worked well, so I figured I would pass along a quick synopsis.[8D]

Pilot skill does play a role but there are quirks to most things human made that also need to be accounted for. A buddy of mine and I were joking at the track (I race RC Cars on a National Level) this past weekend about how a person can make the top 10 at the ROAR Carpet Nationals racing a shoe box with a slower than stock motor (in the modified class) if they are good enough....NOT!!!![>:]