RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fliton AJ Extra
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 07:37 PM
dougpeck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fliton AJ Extra

I just finished mine and it is a TERRIFIC Plane !! It was easy on the buildup w/only a few minor complaints - The wheels are standard ARF wheels using a bolt for axle which is cheap and terrible. I cannot use this setup at our dirt field. I always redo landing gear w/1/8" axles and 2" lite DuBro wheels. But this is no different than any ARF electric I have built so far.

The pull-pull system did not have enough wire to finish so I had to buy wire - but this is not really a complaint just a minor problem.

The landing gear nylon bolts are very tight and sheared off w/a bit of a bump in landing - so you need to be careful w/this plane as it is VERY light ! Also the instructions did not say what thread they were so am finding difficulty locating correct replacements - think they are around 4mm or less metric . Typical less than good instruction book ... someday some mfg. will surprise me and come out w/a really good one !

Now to the flying !! WOW !! This thing took off perfectly and needed only two clicks of aileron and two of elevator . I was amazed how perfect it flew ! I loved the flight . I started w/13/8 prop which I'm sure is too much so am trying 13/4 to get some 3D space. Nice a big in air - easy to see especially w/nice covering difference btwn. front and back . Did all standard maneovers beautifully - I am not a 3D pilot so can't say there. Vertical is good but I think will be better w/different prop. Landing was excellent w/ hardly any wing drop-off , again I'm sure because it is SOOO light .

I setup w/ E-Flite 15 motor and two Thunder Power 2070's (their new batteries - higher C rating ) in paralell. It flew for OVER 20 miniutes ! Yikes ! Of course I didn't wring it out . Phoenix 45amp controller worked beautifully. Deans plugs .

Overall rating on this plane - 99 out of a possible 100 ! You have got to get this plane - it is wonderful ! Can't wait for my next flight !

Nice job Fliton and Andrew !!