RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jett 90 w/tuned pipe on a shrike 40?
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Mike Connor
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jett 90 w/tuned pipe on a shrike 40?

ORIGINAL: rcmaster-RCU

I got the engine and pipe for free and thought the shrike would be easy, cheap, and stupid fast with that jett 90. Just something fun to play with, nothing real serious or expensive, although I am taking the construction serious as not to cause a danger hazard.
I say go for it. Attached is a Shrike 40 set up for a 60 size engine. It is not my plane but the owner says it is fast and flies well. Move the firewall back along with everything else you can so it will balance. My Shrike has an 8 oz tank with plenty of room left over so a 10 oz should fit. I extended the hatch back so the batt. would go in the very rear of the plane. I think the Shrike 40 built per the instructions will work fine for strength if the builder is good. However the tail section could use a little beefing up. The two common complaints I have heard abut the Shrike is nose heavy and aileron flutter. You do not need the long ailerons so I would shorten them and do not over bevel while sanding. The leading edge of the aileron should be at least as thick as the trailing edge of the wing with tight linkage a must. A 9" to 10" prop with a lot of pitch should work. Those are my thoughts
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63706.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	615321