RCU Forums - View Single Post - Morris Hobbies Diamond Dust
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 11:49 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Morris Hobbies Diamond Dust

I went and took a look and sure enough, they are on the site but you better read the fine print. They are not available yet and taking "PRE-ORDER'S. With the dealings I've had with this company in relation to the B.S. he puts out, You would be better off pre-ordering from "Fusco."

I'll tell the story. It was about 9 years ago and this F-20 shown below. We had a bunch of guys with these planes and I was the latest edition but i wanted to be different. There were a couple with Jett .50's and several with YS 45. In my opinon, those two were equal in performance. So I shopped around and ended up calling Morris and this guy "Robert" suckered me into believing the MVVS .40 size Q500 was the engine for me. So I made the purchase and installed the engine.

After several flights, the plane just had no power and more like the performance of a cheap 40. many many heated calls between us took place and he claimed he had the same engine on the same plane getting 150mph. He was blaming me and would not take the engine back. I lost interest and the plane sat on the shelf for about 3 years.

Now the engine did run very well but so does a .40LA but does not have the performance to pull that size and weight of a plane like a YS or Jett would. It was only after I bought a Jett .50 off Ebay that I pulled the plane out and installed it. Sold the engine to somebody here that i think they put in a Shrike or something.

Since that time, I will have nothing to do with Robert and Morris Hobbies and will attempt to steer anybody that would listen away from him.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86872.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	616240