RCU Forums - View Single Post - Esky Lama V3
Thread: Esky Lama V3
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 11:12 AM
CCbusa05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Esky Lama V3

OK fellas, it's been a while since I have been on this site, but here's the scoop. Your flybar WILL NOT just decide to take flight on it's own! What occured to you was the infamous "death roll" of the Lama V3. The cause, simply put, is due to abrupt full cyclic direction changes, the blades clash and send the flybar off into the wide blue yonder and down she goes. I have 4 Lama V3s and fly them as they were intended, indoors OR absolutely no wind conditions outside at a height of no more than 10 feet above the ground. I had one occasion of the death roll when I was showing off in front of the camera and almost took my poor spouse's head off, yikes. I learned my lesson and haven't had a single mishap since and we're talking many, many battery pack's worth of flying. These little gems are designed for concise and smooth cyclic input, anything else and you're courting disaster. I also have a BCX2 that I immediately removed that flybar screw from because incase I do crash it will hopefully fly off rather than break the inner shaft hub.
Happy flying guys, I hope this explanation helps a little!? I consider the Lama V3 one of the best indoor buys you can get! At $99 shipped from helidirect.com it's the best bang for the buck out there, IMHO.

Smooth, concise control is you're ultimate goal with the Lama V3:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=638525