RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Futaba 12FG radio
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 03:53 PM
firstplaceaviator
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Futaba 12FG radio

Hi Krysta,
That was me! I called a friend of mine that owns a rather large hobby shop and is a Futaba distributor. That is where I got the information about the frequencies and spectrum possibiltities. (just rumors?) Like I said, he did emphasize that it is not available here and he couldn't say if or when it would be available.
After I got off the phone with him, I called Futaba Support to try and find out more. The man I spoke to was very courteous. He told me that he had no knowledge of the 12FG because it is not sold here in the states. He told me to stay tuned to the Futaba and Tower hobbies website for updates on new Futaba products.

I am ready to purchase a new radio. Since I have flown Futaba for 29 years, I want to stick with them. In that 29 years, I have only had one problem, I bought some digital servos and one of them did not work. No problem, the hobby shop exchanged it for a good one. That is a phenomenal track record!
Currently, I am flying with a 9CHP. I love it! But, my next big project is a scale jet that I will need at least 11 channels for. I would love a 12Z, but I really don't want to spend $1299.00 on a radio without servos. I wouldn't mind spending $999.00 on a new radio. but, the $1300.00 is just out of the question. I can't bring myself to spend that much on a radio right now.
Doug
P.S. So...When can I buy my 12FG?