RCU Forums - View Single Post - ParkZone P-51 Mustang RTF
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 04:08 PM
darnold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ParkZone P-51 Mustang RTF

I feel your pain...that's exactly what my first P-51 did but I got out with only a busted elevator, spinner and prop.

That's when I did the massive thread read and came up with the composite launch from all of the successful descriptions, but there is something regarding setup that might help that I have forgotten to put in: make sure that you set both ailerons at 1/8" up, this setting will help the plane gain some extra lift.

Also, make sure that you put some right aileron and up elevator trim into her (try full to start out) and then retrim in flight, this is something else that I normaly do. Next, you might want to break in your motor with some RC Car racing "commutator drops" and then spray it out with some "motor spray" (watch the foam!!!!), this should help the motor to develop its maximum power with less arching (think electrical noise = interference).

Finally, don't forget to take 5-7 steps into the wind to aide the plane with its initial air speed, this is absolutely critical in my opinion, even though there are a number of Stang Pilots that can launch well without having to take those steps to aid the plane, most of us do.

There are many quality control issues that have been noted, I even made a list of the top 10 problems on page 77 based upon everyone elses insights. I would agree 100% that quality control issues are definitely present on the PZ fighter line up (at least with the Stang and FW) but I would also say that the Mustang is an absolute joy to fly and that in most cases the quality control issues can be worked around and avoided. Hope this helps.