RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum DX-7
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 08:23 PM
ABELL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DX-7

I've read a couple of reviews on the new Spektrum and I'm still having trouble understanding how it works. Does it have different frequencies like the 75MHz and 27MHz radios. I know it's 2.4GHz, does that mean that ther are 100's of frequencies on that band and chances are slim that some one else has the same freq. as you ? I don't think it has crystals so how does it communicate with just your reciever? They advertise you go to the field and you can cut it on without worring about being on someone esles freq. This radio will just " talk " to your airplane, no one elses. Is each radio tuned to just the reciever that comes with it? I know it is a two reciever system. Is the satelite reciever a "crystal" ? If you have more than one plane it won't respond unless its on the right model, is each plane on different frequencies ? Don't get me wrong my 6 channel Tower radio has about two channels more than I need right now, so I'm not going to rush out and buy one. I'm just curious. If you have more than one plane you'll need more than one flight pack how is the cost comparied to the "old" stuff. Like I said I'm just curious