RCU Forums - View Single Post - Good First Planes
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 10:46 AM
RaceCraftRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Good First Planes

my father and i got into this hobby at the same time we went to the local store and each got a plane he choose a GWS slow stick, and much to the disaprovale of the store no it all i got a ZAGI for my first plane. It took about 3 hours to assemble the planes. WE decide to wait untill the next day to launch them my glue needed to dry. so anyway the next day we go outside his yard is a gaint feild formarly a apple orchard the perfet open launch space we drew straws he would go first the plane rolls ford and than snaps over to its back, we thought maybe to much wind he tryies again gets it in the air and the plane is getting blowen around and finally crashes down brecking the wing (some sort of foam looked like a meat tray to me) After seeing this i get scared maybee this is going to be to hard of a hobbie for me but i try to launch the plane anyway. i do the test launch without power it should glide it falls to the ground place battery pack back a little bit some up elev it sort of glides neet i reave the engine the might 400 speed (about 4 times larger than that of the slow stick) give it a might hurl into the sky. My first flight lasted about 20 min the plane was perfect it would fly nice and easy at 1/4 throtle and climb out of sight at full throtle. I still have that plane its been crashed more times than i care to count the plastic that covers the moter is long gone the very worst crash i ever had resulted in me having to tape the fins back on. I my self still fly that thing and have trained at least 12 people to fly with it. The ZAGI is perfect it will do anything you could ask out of a trainer but better