RCU Forums - View Single Post - How windy is too windy?
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 06:08 PM
bassfisher
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How windy is too windy?

Hi Bev- I love the Twist on windy days - it is one of those great planes that love to fly in any type of conditiond - windy to nothing. I've already worn one out - almost literally twisted the tail off in flight. I have flaps dailed into the radio, so it only increases the flight envelop. Currently I have a Saito .65 4-stroke on the front end of the current one. Both of my Twists have the CG set back a little so that I'm just on the border of being able to do flat spins, both inverted and upright. One of these days I'll move the CG back just a little more, depends how the next couple of months go until the real flying season starts up. Right now I love the cold air, makes the engines run better and the planes fly better. Adding the flaperons allows me to ususally have a rolling stop on landings to about three feet on a calm day. High rates are blistering in rolls, but the low rates are not set up for beginners either. It's a great fun-fly plane, but not in pattern events - that's what my U-Can-Do 40 is meant for.