RCU Forums - View Single Post - turbine waivers,,anything new?
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 08:34 PM
bofrcr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: turbine waivers,,anything new?

Thanks for your response,,sir lance!! boy!! did you hit the nail on the head!! LOL the term we use is,, "more money then brains"!! A short story: my son lives and works in a town about an hours drive away,,and belongs to the local club there. a few years ago,, some guy was interested in the hobby,, and since he was a retired airline pilot,, felt that a trainer was "beneath" him (after all,,he flew with the airlines ),,so,, he goes out and buys this big pre-built P-51,,all set up and ready to go. of coarse,,his ego wasn't about to let any of the guys "help" him,, as the story goes,, he did manage to get it in the air,,for all of maybe 2-3 seconds,, it rolled over on it's back,, and smack! rekitted!!
'[:@] he picked up the peices,, left,, and they never saw him again! I can understand the concern of the AMA to keep this same thing from happening,, especially from x military types! (if any of you guys have ever had any experience with them,,you know what I mean ) at LEAST,,have the intended turbine owner have SOME level of experience in the hobby,, IMO,,, be able to handle a low wing fast plane,, etc,, I would have to agree that some kind of flight ability be demonstrated to someone in authority,, anyway,, just thought I'd get back with ya,, thanks again!