RCU Forums - View Single Post - DX-7 related crash?
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 10:23 PM
boosted180
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DX-7 related crash?

i dont think it's a 2.4ghz problem. like i said, the radio link has been rock solid since i've had it and absolutely no glitches or anything weird (like with my optic 6) at all.

the battery voltage, swithces were fine after the crash. connections were fine. no loose wires, etc.

it was my 3rd flight of the day, about 7 minutes into the flight. i usually fly for 13 minutes. my two 1100mah packs are usually good for at least 6 flights. and i checked the voltage just before my 3rd flight (the one that crashed).

so my question is this: is it not a good practice to plug the switches (battery) into a channel that's occupied, using a y-harness (sharing that channel with a servo and the battery)? or should i always plug the battery only to the battery slot in the receiver or an empty channel? i've always "shared" a channel with a servo and teh battery on my smaller glow planes and have never had a problem. but then again, i didnt use digital servos and they probably didnt draw that much current. and they werent specktrum receivers, so maybe it's ok to do this on other receivers but not specktrum? i'll call horizon tomorrow and find out what they think.....