RCU Forums - View Single Post - WACO YMF
Thread: WACO YMF
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 10:51 AM
flyguy888
My Feedback: (63)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: WACO YMF

Hey, I am alive and well I read this forum every day. I just do not want to add alot of excess threads that clutter (no offence to you all who are off topic reply maniacs) so do not expect to hear from me much. But I am here nevertheless.
If my replies do not add to a forums topic directly I use private emails.
\
Anyway, I am waiting to get those tracings from Stickbuilder to see if I can do cad layouts from them. I also want CHisMH to add additional info about the mismatch between the tracings and the print he was talking about 2 pages back. I never measured my Pica parts against the print when I was building. For all I know Pica's own die cuts do not line up with their prints.
It is a builders kit in the truest sense. Filled with lots of inaccuracies and mistakes that you get to figure out for yourself. Even on a well layed out kit, I never build exactly to print anyway. I have to change something to prove to myself that I am wiser than the kit designer.

I just got my Wendell Hostetler 1/5 (105 inch span) span plans on the Lockheed Sirius. My first set of scratch builder plans. Holy cow, will I have to figure a ton of stuff out for myself. Nice plans but brief on detail descriptions and no iso views of framing. If this is a typical scratch builders plan my respect for scratch builders just went way up. I will be using his plans to make my own custom plans. I am going to bash these plans into a 1931 Lockheed Orion anyway.
Plan bashing....... I have done kit bashing, this is going to be my first plan bashing.

ORIGINAL: Stickbuilder

Thanks Clay...(I sent you a pm)

What is going on guys????? I haven't seen this thread so dead in forever..... don't tell me that you're tired of it so soon....?

Bill, AMa 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1