RCU Forums - View Single Post - DX-7 related crash?
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 10:15 PM
boosted180
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DX-7 related crash?

no, the throttle did not go into fail-safe position. i was just locked out and everything stayed at the last input position including throttle. i was locked out for about 3 seconds and then i regained control, but it was too late.

i had just installed 2 new switches, batteries, y-harnesses and even 2 new servos (i went from analog to digital). b/c this is actually the 2nd time this happened. the first time, i rolled, got locked out for 3 seconds, but had enough altitude that when i regained control, i was able to save it. when i went home i checked every single thing i could think of but since i didnt find anything, i thought maybe it's an intermittent problem with one of the switches, batteries, etc. so i replaced EVERYTHING! since then, i've had about a dozen flights without any problems.

but now that it happened again, i'm more inclined to think it's the receiver just acting up intermittently. i'm going to send it in to horizon and see what they can find. i'll request a new receiver whether they find something or not.