RCU Forums - View Single Post - CEN Matrix 1/8th scale
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 07:25 AM
RGX Blade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CEN Matrix 1/8th scale

if you run 30% YES.......!!!
don't run it without it...if running 20% there is no need....
you'll be fine....
if 30% you really should...the motor will be easier to tune...
and will have less problems...
may people will run it with out but there motors usually will go out faster.
as well the motor will suffer from "Detonation" ...and plugs will go "Faster"
sometimes as oon as you put them in and fire it up....as with the over compression the glow wire can and sometimes does break in the chamber...when this happens pretty much game over for the motor....
many will "Argue" these points...maybe it will happen? maybe it wont?
but then again i got my "Tutelage" from the Late Ron Paris himself.....
but then he was the "Formost" educated Individual on Nitro motors...
so yes!!! run a shim do not take a chance....if they say no they do not know better...
do not blow a 200.00 300.00 or more dollar motor jut because someone just bluts out sure no problem......
also if your not sure if a shim has already been added to the motor here is a way to check
get a piece of solder make a "Small L" shape at the end just big enough to get through the hole
and just over to the side past the "Dome" part of the cylinder and turn the motor over
(you should have it out of the car for all this)
let the piston Squash the Solder then take a pair of Calipers..take that mesurement...and let me know what it is.....
and i mention all of this as 90% of the motors are made "Over Seas".....where they "RARLEY" and i mean RARE!!! if they run anything over 25% nitro.......20% is the "Norm"
in America is one of the few countries where we will run 30% on as low as 8% lubricant!!!!
average here is 30% nitro on 11% lube....
so they usually will not need to run shims outside the U.S.
so once you have that mesurment let me know at: [email protected]
and i can let you know if it is needed or not to be on the "Safe Side"
here localy i see alot of people getting into the truggies...hey there cool right
well with all things there are new things to learn and do....so at 2 of the local tracks the
"Latest Rage in Motors" is the OPS radical...killer motor good to tune...good power band...
but Needs a "Shim"....needs to add a shim to it...so there motors and some of the other .28's are running real Eratic going hot cld hot cold....or not keep there tune reving high then dropping for no reason with alot of stalling....
in other words you already broke in th motor an got it tuned for the track...what happens after awhile bout a gallon or less......starts just "Acting Strange" for no apperent reason???
this is what they call the "Begining of the End"
some motors will last a gallon???????.......some only another tank....
but for no reason as well they will run hot with no punch...or will need to rasie the "Idle" more
or "Stalling more than usual".....sometimes going through more plugs than normal...
anyways i could go on about motor tuning and all but here they just slam people sometimes??
but let me know about that mesurment