RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which expanded scale loaded voltmeter to use
Old 02-11-2003, 02:01 AM
sfaust
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which expanded scale loaded voltmeter to use

If you don't want to build your own I4C sells a digital meter with a .5amp, 1.0amp, and 1.5amp load depending on the buttons pressed. Fairly small, compact, and easy to use. I think Duralite also sells the same one, yet I don't know who designed it and who is reselling it.

The Biggest factor in measuring your voltage is to have some load on it, and use it as a calibration point against previous data from your capacity/cycle logs. Its only a reading that you use to balance against other known facts, such as previous capacity checks. So the most important part is consistency. If you use a .5amp or 1amp isn't as important as always using the same load when you compare it against your past capacity checks. You don't want to start with a .5amp load, then later change to a 1amp load. If you do, you should go back and re-do your capacity checks so that your readings are accurate.

I agree with Roger, that 200mah or even 300ma is on the low side. I would recommend at least .5amp for most 25% to 33%, and 1amp for 35% and 40%.