RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA Survey
Thread: AMA Survey
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 10:28 PM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: AMA Survey

ORIGINAL: Mode One

Hossfly, I'd like to ask you why you are so caustic! Certainly with your background and the voluntary commitments you have made over the years towards this hobby, you deserve our respect!
Mode One, personally, I don't have a feeling that anyone OWES me anything. you may respect some of the things I have accomplished for the sport of model aviation, however don't waste your effort thinking you owe the person any thing. OTOH, I don't feel I have to be talked down to by anyone that will not state his/her name when performing such manner of communication directed at me. That makes me caustic.

There are only a very few things in my life that I have been really good at. Besides being able to deliver bombs on the target, some 3+ years, I have been very adept at reading between the lines when confronted with political, semi-political, and journalistic communications. I find much more revealing exchange in what many DO NOT SAY than what they say. The more I hear of the UNSAID, the more I hear that is untrue and usually simply a rephrase of the last big run-around. That makes me caustic.

Model aviation, hobby to some, sport to me, recreation to some, life-style to me, opened most of the doors that I cared to pursue during my life. I take it seriously. Whether others do or do not is their business. While I may offer suggestions, I don't think any less of those that do not. Being serious does not mean that I have to win contests. It means that I promote the sport and have dedicated more than both my share of funds and my share of effort into promoting the sport.
Therefore when those that do not take it seriously jump my rear for taking the sport seriously, either by belittling me personally, or continue trying to rephrase and walk around me with the same old total B-S, well I just come on CAUSTIC!

However, you are making this difficult to do! So, instead of asking these questions, I will just sit in the background silently and wonder.
Never fear questions for me, Mode One. Ask all you want. Most, I probably cannot answer. Many, You won't like the answer. Some I may well answer all wrong. I am no virgin to being wrong. OTOH, I have been heavily involved with AMA since 1963. I was a member long before that but just because it was the thing to do and to enter contests. I don't usually give answers that someone told me. I try to go to the written documents. That is not difficult at AMA. Other places it was very difficult and had I believed many of the road-block-signs personalities, my life would have been VERY VERY different.
So ask away. If I think it is of true interest to YOU I will assist in finding the answer. Just be certain you really want to know. Those that cannot take the heat should remain well clear of the kitchen.

edit; add phrase for objectivity.