RCU Forums - View Single Post - what to do with a west 50 with no home
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 10:50 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: what to do with a west 50 with no home

ORIGINAL: LGM Graphix

So I have a West 50 from my old Magnum, the magnum is semi retired/deceased from a bad launch that busted one stab half and popped the wing block out (not a difficult thing to fix I know but I hate fixing and honestly I didn't like the plane enough to bother with fixing it) so I have a fantastic West 50 with pipe and header sitting here doing nothing. Been thinking about scratch building something fast for it, but I dunno. If I buy a kit/ARF it's got to be something that's aerodynamically clean, been down the shrike/outlaw road, not interested, don't really want a delta for that matter, I've had a whiplash and DD in the past, had quickies, I'd like something different, any ideas? I haven't a clue, that side exhaust makes it a little tougher to do the super clean kind of fuse, but I'd sure like something crazy :P
What about a plain ol' Q500 - I am pretty sure you can rotate the engine so that the pipe runs along the belly on a shoulder winger, or you could run along the side Magnum style too. Once my Magnum breaks I intend to do this. That won't happen until winter takes a hike though.