RCU Forums - View Single Post - First time flutter prob on Dust
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2003, 11:18 PM
FlooredCOBRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time flutter prob on Dust

Well today I finally flew my Dust after not flying it for a while. I totally forgot how fast these things really go. My nerves was shot as if it was the first time I ever flown the thing. And especially not warming up with another plane first after not flying it for a while.

Well I cranked it up and launched and got it up. I set my trims and got the feel for it again. I turned around and lined up with the runway and nailed it WOT. I dove down and then it got on the pipe. Nothing unusual here yet. I took it up pretty high and split-S into a dive at WOT still on pipe. The engine unloaded and as it came across the field. Then I heard that NASTY sound. The flutter. Out of all the times I have flown it I have never had this problem before until today. I could take it high as I can see it then WOT in a dive and never have a flutter problem. Just today for some reason it did. And even just flying level it did this.

Huge let down!

I am guessing that maybe the horns on my servo in time wore a larger hole or on the clevis wore a larger hole. I am not to sure yet. It might of been since it was so cold the covering had the drum effect on it. It only does it when the engine unloads though. Kind of weird, I can be on pipe and it will be OK but after it unloads its that nasty sound. I am not sure but it is a real let down having a dust and not being able to fly WOT.