RCU Forums - View Single Post - Multicon Amp. compatable w/modern radio?
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2003, 11:40 PM
linclogs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multicon Amp. compatable w/modern radio?

Proptop,

There were a couple of other things I meant to say about the Kraft Multicons.

Because the 2-pin plugs going from the amp to each retract unit is reversable, reversing the plug changes the retract direction (up or down). One might think that's not a really big deal but if, while plugging everything together at the flying field, you happen to attach at least one of them backwards, when you power on your Tx and Rx, any unit hooked up backwards would retract with the model on the ground. The instructions state the units can handle just about any load EXCEPT if they are not locked in the up or down position. Damage can occur (so the instructions say) if weight is put on the units when they are not locked (like if they were in progress of retracting). So be sure to watch and match the wire colors together when plugging everything together at the field. Also, you need to make sure the retract switch is in the "down" position BEFORE turning on the Tx (see below).

I don't know about you but I find myself to be rather "heavy handed" when handling my Tx. My hand or fingers will occasionally brush against some switch or trim. I've got to really watch myself before takeoff so I don't go with something in the wrong position. Having a trim or dual rate out of whack may not be catastophic, but accidently bumping the retract switch sure would be if the model is sitting with the engine running, taxiing or beginning a take off roll! I'm looking into putting some sort of switch guard on my retract switch so I have to make it a conscious act to activate it!