View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 11:13 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Points worth Consideration:

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

ORIGINAL: ptulmer
I wonder why "they" think that lowering dues would do anything but make current members mad? I'm talking about the AMA and you electric fliers. If these electric fliers don't need or want the AMA, they will not purchase a membership, no matter the cost! And I'll tell you this, if they do this and offer discounts based on your power source, I will drop my membership. Period.
Who says they don't need or want it, you? Who really needs the AMA at all? Who NEEDS the EAA? Who needs the NRA? Who needs AAA? You think all members of all these orgs need to be members? No, they join to be part of something. Do people NEED to join the military? No, these are the same type of people, they want to belong. It's not about needing and when it comes down to having to depending on "needing" the AMA, that's when they lose and lose big time. Need should never be the perception to join ANY organziation, it should be a want and only a want.
STL,
I know you are a big advocate of this program, but have never really seen your POV. Outline it for me, like I am an outsider, and try to convince me how this would work, and how it should be implemented. I am asking so that I can be persuaded. I know you have a valid argument, but I may be totally misinformed, so educate me. If you could, please give us some things you think would be instrumental in getting these guys in the AMA and keeping them there. I am not being facitious, I am asking out of genuine interest, so don't think that I am patronizing you.
Thanks
Tommy Yates
AMA #1469