RCU Forums - View Single Post - JETT engines?
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 11:29 AM
MJD
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: JETT engines?

ORIGINAL: alpinestar
To me, part of the allure of a Jett is the exclusiveness, sorta like having a mercedes when a chevy will get you to the same place in the same time. More power to ya Dub, but in my case the leadtime was enough to calm down my impulse to buy. The OS has been great & I've really never looked back & have a few more bucks in the pocket. Not bashing Dub in the least, I'm sure I'll have one at some point when it's right there in front of me & impulse can take hold. I wonder what I'll just HAVE to put it in.....

If you're a racer, then you probably need this caliber of an engine!!
for people like me, it's certainly cool & I'm sure it's a great engine, but really not necessary. Like grocery shopping in a Ferrari.
They do everything better than an OS including put a dent in your pocketbook, but they do exactly what Jett says they will, and you get what you pay for. (mantra: you get what you pay for, you get what you pay for..). This is also true of OS.. and that is both a compliement to a well made mass production engine line and a reminder that they are not the same thing.

If you want top quality, massive power output combined with impreccable manners (now there's a combination you have to work to find..), the best sport flying performance you can shoe-horn in a given engine compartment, reliability, customer support, yada yada.. Jett is the ticket. They are not likely the answer for every sport airplane in your hangar, unless the cost is of no consequence (wish that were true for me..) in which case to me there would be no contest for any aircraft that requires an engine for which they have a choice. If you want a reliable sport engine that performs pretty well and if that compromise in performance and quality is worth the monetary savings, then OS or other engine of your choice is your answer.