RCU Forums - View Single Post - Points worth Consideration:
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 02:49 PM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Points worth Consideration:

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

While you're at it STL, name one instance that segregation worked in the real world.
What you call segregation I call collaboration, something like the glass half empty half full thing. The AMA will be trying to bring new members in, not seperate them. Having no solution for e-flyers is like making them sit in the back of the bus, thats the real segregation. You got something against giving urban pilots a simple solution to starting their own RC club for e-flyers?

Let's see lets start off with full scale pilots if you want to call it "seperation". We have recreational pilots, sport pilots, private pilolts, instrument, commercial, ATP. Each have their own cost levels to become. A poor person cannot afford to be a commercial pilot, so they have another solution, sport or rec pilot which can still get them up in the air very cheap. But at the end of the day we just call each other "pilots" and ALL COLLABORATE. The Sport ticket alone is a PERFECT example of success offering yet another tier to FS pilots and IT IS EXPLODING, EXPLODING! It has done wonders for the EAA and their members EMBRACE the smart solution.
How does the FAA compare to the AMA? All that happened is that the certification process changed for full scale opening up a new small airplane market. Since the process for creating e-fields is already in place, all you want is a discount. Creating tiers is separating different aspects of the hobby even further than it already is. Or as I said, it's segregation. Putting the e-fliers at the back of the bus.