RCU Forums - View Single Post - nikko seawolf
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 04:47 PM
Waterbomber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: nikko seawolf

Hi Guys:

I don't have much to add to the camera discussion, but I bought a new, zero-time Seawolf just before going on a southern vacation to play with in the pool. I have a really nice carrying case for it, and it travelled well in checked baggae on the airline .. going and coming with no shipping damage.

Overall, I thought it was an OK runner, but it just didn't meet my expectations and will be offering it for sale as soon as I get a replacement part for the drive train ... the magnetic cup on the "dry side" of the WTC failed due to being slammed from full forward to full reverse a few too many times. A repair was tried but as I was fooling with it .. the part dropped off the balcony onto the sidewalk .. the magnet broke and I was without sub entertainment for the rest of the vacation. If you look at the first picture in the series posted by reiatwork up higher in this thread, you'll notice a black circular item ... that's what is broken on mine.

I was also disappointed by the very limited radio range .. in the pool, I'd be lucky to get 30 to 40 feet of range .. on the surface.

Next year, I'll be taking a static diver with me which will hopefully "peg my fun meter" at poolside.

I guess I could say, watch this space if you are interested in buying the Seawolf after it is repaired.

Regards,
Lee Smith