RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Happy Striker owner
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2007, 11:14 PM
Gryphon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another Happy Striker owner

EDIT: WHEN I WROTE THIS POST, I MADE A MISTAKE AND THOUGHT THAT THE STRYKER IN QUESTION WAS A F-27B.

440GTX,
The F-27B comes with 5 wire servos. To get different kind of servos, you need a new radio and speed control.

For now, you can have 2 extra stock servos ($10/each)ready to go for quick change at the field.
After changing the servos make sure that both sides are using the same length servo arms. I've seen different length arms in a friend's Stryker....LOL flew really weird till I helped him figure it out.

I suggest that you also buy a couple of sets of gears $2.50/set.
At the field you'll change servos, then back home you can use the gear sets to repair your stripped servos for $2.50.

A roll of 3M packing tape and/or 3M Extreme tape can go far. At the field, after a bad crash, you can tape up the plane and finish the day's flying with some tape. Back at home you can remove tape and use glue/epoxy, etc... to do a good repair job.

Start reading about the great mods that you can do now so your plane lives through most mishaps and to ensure that the damages are minimized in a crash.

Gryphon