RCU Forums - View Single Post - Why are Multiplex users so darned evangelical about it?
Old 02-11-2003, 06:18 PM
sfaust
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why are Multiplex users so darned evangelical about it?

Originally posted by HarryC
Example:
If you want a second elevator servo with a Multiplex Tx, choose any channel that you want, not dictated by the manufacturer, and the programming is as follows:

Assign servo X = elevator

That’s it. No kidding.
<sarcasm on>
Now I see why the JR is so much easier to use. They spell everything out, from plugging in the servos, which buttons to press, and why things work the way they do. Your example doesn't cover any of that. I certainly hope the manual is more like the JR example below, or I can see Multiplex will remain a minor player in the US market.
<sarcasm off>

Extremely biased review, no?

You used a radio that wasn't equivalent to the Multiplex example. Use the 10X and its very simple to setup. If we are going to dispense with end point setup, reversing, text descriptions how to access the function, button presses, etc that are required in both situations, but you left out on the Multiplex example, it would be more like this;

Multiplex = Assign servo X = elevator
JR 10X = Enable Dual Elevator, turn on trim linking

If you want to compare radios, at least do it fairly and without bias. But then again, I guess thats what this whole thread topic is about, isn't it?

But I would say Multiplex users are no different from the same JR, Futaba, or Airtronics fanatics. We are all fanatics about our chosen radios, airplanes, engines, or tools.

(edit: After reading this myself, it sounds much harsher than I intended. Just read it light in tone. I'm not bashing at all)