RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ziroli F-4 Phantom
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 11:49 PM
Oberfeldwebel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ziroli F-4 Phantom

Trey,
those plans are for a small ducted fan ( as you already noted). back in the late 80's - early 90's Midwest had several sizes of ducted fans. I had one powered by a K&B .21 rear exhaust and later an OS 25 DF motor. I will say that you need to build very light and they will fly. I took Ziroli's plans for an electric He-162 and mounted one of those old Midwest fans with the OS .25 motor and it flew extremely well and was quite fast. Unlike the Kyosho F-86 with an OS.15 ARF. I found that fan and motor at a local swap meet. Very occasionally you can find them in the swap shop here on rcuniverse or ebay. It appears that electric DF's are the way to go with the smaller stuff. No tuned pipes, simpler to set-up and operate just the cost of the motor,ESC and batteries can be expensive. Check the diameter of the fans on the plans and you will be able to find some electric fans approx the same size. look at ejf.com for info on fans, motors etc. As far as the canopy goes, perhaps you can just make do with something available from SIG. they sell some canopies, regular and bubble type.