RCU Forums - View Single Post - ASM C-130
Thread: ASM C-130
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 05:22 AM
UK Warbird Guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ASM C-130

Hi Guys,

Well I went and picked mine up today... Ripmax in the UK are distributing them so if anyone is interested your local model shop should be able to order you one.... but be quick as word gets round they may go like hot cakes.

While I was in the shop though 'Stan' from Overlander Batteries was thre and was going on about putting 4 Electric motors in it.... Nearly started a bun fight...

I've decided to put 4 two strokes in mine.. for no other reason than economy SC32's come in at about £50 ish and are actually smaller than the SC25 and weighed about the same well without scales the felt the same to me.

Right here are some pics for you all then....

I must admit I do share a few concerns about how thin the fuz is in parts almost paper thin... but I think there might be a solution which when I've sorted it I'll share with you. The quality of the Built up sections like the Fin, wings etc looks very good. The nacelles are ok and don't share the same fate as the fuz in being too flimsey. They are stiff and well put together with strong ply formers on the inside throughout. I did have reservations about the 'Bolt on system but I tried one last night and it feels as though its a very goof fit with no movement at all.

So here you go some Pre assemble pics.
Box was not that big . I have had bigger for smaller models.

The only damage I could see was a tear in the plastic at the tail but this is no prob to fix and strengthen.

NB: The holes for the hinges has been drilled way to big, in fact they flop around and havn't got a centre... You can either fit bigger ones or just pack and re-drill...

Nice big, well packed box of bits... in fact very comprehensive,
with tanks, spinners, wheels, UC, nuts, bolts, closed loop wires ,
cleveses, horns, rods,

Nacelles llok good too strong plastic and well supported inside

Looking down the main fuz towards the tail... All laser cut ribs witha carbon rod running the full length of the fuz to stop it flexing.

They are panel lines too and not seems from the cast. Not that evedent but if they went too deep I guess it would weaken the plastic.

Thats it for now...anyone want any [ics specific let me know...

Wayne