RCU Forums - View Single Post - Club Laser?
Thread: Club Laser?
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 03:58 PM
Hans Meij

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Club Laser?

This is a recommendation from Laser:

LUBRICATE through the BREATHER NIPPLE on the rear of the crancase before and after the initial running in and after every 3 hours running. Lubricate the engine if it is not to be used for some time and before running again. The breather nipple can be extended with tubing. Oil may come out of the front bearing if the breather is restricted, there is a lot of oil in the crankcase or the engine is left with the nose down. This will not harm the engine.

--

Have for a laser 150 in operation for two years now. It works great.
Use 15% Aerosave oil and 8% Nitro, engine pointing down.

From time to time I pull the valve cover to check for valve clearance.
No problems, and everything is filled with oil there and no spot of corrosion.
Because the engine is leaking oil everywhere when it is stored after flying I know it must be lubricated well inside, and that is confimed every time when I open up the cover.

A month ago I started using the 200V engine. Filled it with a amount of oil through the breather when used the first time.
After that I did not apply extra lubrication the same way as I did with the 150.
It has a gallon through it and I noticed that it was loosing power when becoming warm, and was not as powerfull as in the beginning.
Today I pulled the valve-covers. It was quite dry inside, and one of the two spaces had the brownish muddy debree of corrosion inside.

So perhaps something to be aware of, it seems that, especially the twin, needs the insertion of oil through the breather before ande after flying sessions.