RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone Typhoon 3D
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 09:01 PM
Shane100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone Typhoon 3D

First off I loved my typhoon rtf...but I have had some of the reported problems with mine. First off I thought I was going crazy when I first crashed it. I was coming in for a landing and out of no where it nose dived when I was inputting up elevator. I thought to myself ***. I asked my lhs owner and he said it would stall at low speeds. I thought that was the problem so I replaced the bent drive gear and tried again. Flew it a couple of times with no problem then out of nowhere it did it again this time at altitude so no damage. I just brought it down with no problems. So I swapped the RX with my "Bullet Proof Stryker" which can withstand crashes very well. And what do you know I'm flying my Stryker fast and level at about 100ft and like magic it goes into a fast roll. Bad RX! Now I'm flying my phoon with the Stryker’s RX and all of the sudden no elevator control! Striped servo...New Hobbico Commando HCAM0111 $19.00 servo and another new drive gear and back up into the sky. A few good flights and then out of control and stuck in a tree for about 3hrs. Once retrieved the motor is fried and the plane is done! I take the RX and put it back into my Stryker and go fly with no problems. Then one day my dumb @$$ leaves the transmitter in the back of my truck over night and it got rained on. Trashed it because I didn't want to risk it and I had the transmitter from the phoon. So I switched the crystals and use the phoon transmitter on the Stryker. Just reverse a servo and add the mix. But on preflight check I notice the motor sputtering. So I decide I'm done with Parkzone radio equipment and pull a Futaba RX out of my tribute and use my Futaba 4EX in my Stryker and have not had any problems since. I have also purchased a new typhoon PNP and put a new GWS RX and used the same Hobbico servo for elevator. It is going strong with no problems. I have about 20 flights on it and have not even had a hard landing! I really love my phoon. I only wish I would have started with the PNP, but I liked the dual rates which my Futaba 4EX does not have. So now I just use expo. Lesson learned.

In summary, 1 bad Parkzone RX, 1 bad Parkzone servo (probably caused by the crash the RX caused), and 1 bad Parkzone transmitter.
I think you can get by with the stock PNP version but on your first crash replace the elevator servo. It will go bad. It is as my LHS owner says designed to fly not crash.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax72875.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	647779   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95258.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	647780   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch96174.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	61.2 KB