RCU Forums - View Single Post - Airline Pilot To Rc Pilot
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 03:57 PM
saucerguy
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Airline Pilot To Rc Pilot

A friend of mine is reaching the end of his flight school, he considers himself an expert at rc flight just because he can fly a "real" plane and he doesn't need any simulator training.... Man, can't wait to see him out in the field completely lost in the process, it will humble him a bit. Along RC to real planes, forget pretty much everything you know about flying the real planes, RC is not like that at all, I have MS flight simulator, needless to say, I'm bored stiff with it, I didn't even bother with the training sessions, just ran the gambit with every plane on it, took off, landed, did crazy stuff the planes aren't supposed to do with ease from day one and if this is an indication as to what it's like flying a real plane, I'm glad I'm sticking to RC, I'd fall asleep in the cockpit of an airliner, it's just wayy too slow and sluggish compared to RC, but there are real lessons I feel any real pilot can and should learn by flying RC that will help them get out of trouble while flying their real planes.

The sim's help, but are only a rough starting point, they are all just too perfect and not exactly what it's like to fly a real RC, you'll see what I mean once you get more heavy duty with your first slow, 3 channel, high wing plane "reccomended for any first time pilot", one notable advantage of flying real rc is the fact you aren't looking at everything through some tiny monitor screen, this helps with orientation a bit since you can use your perifial vision and you can spot the direction the plane is going a little better rather then trying to manipulate some spec that's hardly distinquishable on the simulator's computer screen.