RCU Forums - View Single Post - Electric Fliers; Check this:
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 10:09 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electric Fliers; Check this:

Ummmm, well as an electric flyer using lipos almost 100%, at least in my case I read everything I could get my hands on concerning these packs, before buying my first.

Ok maybe I'm different but I tend to handle them like a pissed off rattlesnake. But even with me following the "rules" I still had a pack let go. Luckily all I ended up with was a little soot on the garage ceiling. Ok and my witts in the next county from the experience.
But what I'm trying to get at is even if you take all the right precautions, things can still go wrong. Now, I think, and maybe I'm wrong, but what Red was getting at was that the newbies and maybe even some of the experienced fliers out there really have no clue as to the dangers of these packs, if mishandled. Some of the blame lays with the suppliers, which I understand business, don't cut your own throat by telling your customers it can be unsafe. But they should. Also those that do use and know the dangers should also help spread the word.
Not just the benifits of using them, but the downside also.
The explosion of the electric portion of our hobby has made this type of problem even worse, and I'm afraid that the current set of new fliers tend to come from the instant gratification end of the spectrum. Must have it now and damn the consequences. Which will even more so make lipo horror stories abound.
No I won't put DB down for doing this. The word needs put out there, and it needs put out more then once. New fliers start everyday. Yesterday's news isn't going to help them.