RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 9c, Can I Slow My Retract Servo Down??
Old 02-20-2003, 11:31 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Futaba 9c, Can I Slow My Retract Servo Down??

Marshy, can we just be clear that you are using an "ordinary" servo and not a retract servo? Retract servos can not be slowed by any method at all as they are end to end devices, though I have heard that Airtronics do a proportional retract servo which would accept electronic slowing.

An ordinary servo can not be slowed by expo if used on a switch. Switches don't have expo for the simple reason there are no values between +100% and -100% for it to curve! Servo slowing is built in to some top end transmitters, or you can buy an add-on that plugs in between the Rx and servo. In either case you flick a switch which knocks the value from +100% to-100% instantly but the slowing electronics intervene and generate a travel value number sequence 99%, 98%, 97%,,,,,,-98%, -99%,-100%. That way the servo slowly follows the numbers it is being sent.

Without that you could do as flapbreaker suggests and manually move a proportional control at the speed you want though it could lead to problems and take your mind off flying the plane for those few seconds as you try to fiddle the lever.

Harry