RCU Forums - View Single Post - Reaction 54 Jet Kit
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2007, 05:47 PM
JimBrown
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Reaction 54 Jet Kit

I have a Wren MW54 MkIII installed in my Reaction 54. I get about seven minutes of flight time with full throttle about 75% of the time. After taxing back and shutting down, I usually have between 1/4 and 1/2 inch of fuel in the 24 oz. tank. I taxi out with a taxi tank.

I have the standard 50 oz. tank plus a 24 oz tank under the canopy, and a BVM UAT below that. My R54 was originally built by Gary Szetlak, and he moved the rudder and elevator servos to the back of the jet, in the tail boom. The 24 oz. tank is zip tied under the old rudder/elevator servo mount and on top of the next former to the front. The UAT is just in front of the former that is in front of the 50 oz. tank, and below the 24 oz tank.

The ECU, fuel pump and solonoid valves are in the boat tail behind the main tank (nice and close to the turbine, and FAR away from the RX, which is at the front of the canopy area and uses a Deans mini-whip.) I did need to install extensions for the throttle, GSU interface and ECU battery (which is just in front of the 24 oz. tank.) The RX battery is in the nose. I do not have a top hatch behind the main tank.

This set up has worked great for me.

Regards,
...jim