RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro models pusher Bobcat?
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2007, 10:48 AM
PointMagu
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

Crashpro,

Thanks for the reply. I had visited Nitro's website a month or so ago. The "sold-out" signs have been there a long time, agreed, (almost as long as the "sold-out" sign on Kangke's website for their SK-50 sport ARF, lol).

I butchered my canopy attempting the "simple" replacement posted by another modeler. Trying to make it clear, I should have reinforced the frame with fiberglass BEFORE I attempted to cut the tinted sections away...The thing is so flimsy, I really made a mess of things. Guess I'll have to carve a foam block to shape, glass it and paint it all silver.

I'm uninterested in performing knife-edge aerobatics with the Bobcat. My Sukhoi and Balsa Nova are unparalleled in that arena. But I do want it to track nicely and be able to do more than cut circles in the sky. Locking the rudders solves a few challenges for me; cost being the principle. I really don't want to invest in servos that would only be used in a single airframe. As mentioned, I already made a bad decision in buying the HS-125 servo. I doubt I'll ever have another application that would require a thin servo such as this.

I'm not opposed to having a thicker servo protruding below the stab as long as I can securely mount it. By not having rudder servos weighing in, I have more flexibility in an elevator servo choice. This is why I was asking about torque and throw amounts.

PM