RCU Forums - View Single Post - Can't we just all get along?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 11:54 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Can't we just all get along?

Well, MASTER CHIEF by definition of your selected name here you have set yourself up as the Master, one having authority over another, one having control, dominant, skilled, and proficient, plus being the CHIEF, the head of a body of persons or an organization, and of greatest importance or influence.

Are you sure you're not some lady from California whose last name starts with a "P"? In any case with such self claimed importance, it may be difficult to get along with a great number of other such persons, all that have a certain amount of that same affliction. Now while the last 15 years +/- have created a vast number of people that play with toy airplanes moreso than build toy airplanes, and the vast majority of those players are DARN GOOD at their play-time, the older guys are more of the craftsman types and are a bit more of the artistic personality. Now you well know that the artist marches only to a drum that only he can hear. That too is a good thing.

So as long as all are individuals with different tastes, different objectives, different likes and dislikes, there will also be different passions about the activity. There will be heated discussions. If there is anything that could help getting along better, it is for people to be more tolerant of what others do, and what others like.
I remember once when a younger person asked me about my perspectives as I grew older and I replied: "I have become much more tolerant of other people's lifestyles, however I have become much more intolerant of those that try to shove their lifestyle upon me and/or expect ME to pay for their choices."
The same works here. I love what you do, whatever it is reference aeromodeling. Just don't expect me to have to bear the burden for what you do or want or any screw-ups you make. Do as you please, but any carelessness and the consequences are YOURS.

There it is CHIEF!