RCU Forums - View Single Post - Something else to stir the pot:
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 07:34 AM
JUGFLIER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Something else to stir the pot:

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

A lobby group? Who do we have fighting against the AMA? The last thing the AMA needs is a lobby group to open up a can of worm which doesn't need to be opened. The AMA's mission on preservation is much different than that of the NRA. The AMA just needs good marketing and good ideas for growth and expansion, something more in the line of the EAA which is a lot like the AMA on steroids.

It's funny that you mention that the outline of the directions for nominations for the office of president are listed in MA, which you have described as a commercial magazine rather then a channel for the AMA to let members know what goes on in the organization. How do you intend to continue to get the word out to the members every month in form of a publication for 160,000 members if nobody is going to pay for it?

STL, you forget about the FCC. After all without frequencies, there is no RC. I can see with the development of technology the need to preserve frequencies as well as right to use air space in the future. I get on the warbirds section alot and there are people from Australia in there. The planes they fly have to be inspected and give an airworthy certificate. If they change their dadgum prop, their plane has to be recertified. Minor fenderbender on landing, after repairs, recertification. Damage the wingtipgetting in or out of your vehicle, recertification. This is gov't gone amuck. With the efforts to license fire arms, and generally micromanage everyday life, you bet we need a strong voice representing us.

I don't think Hoss has ever called from the abolishiment of the magazine. Probably the tweaking of it. I am appolled at the fact(if it is true) that the magazine loses money. There sure are plenty of ads in that thing, i know advertising in other magazines is quite expensive.