RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone T28 Trojan: A new "best" electric trainer?
Old 04-16-2007, 10:09 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parkzone T28 Trojan: A new "best" electric trainer?

Parkzone is launching a sport scale electric version of the T28 Trojan, a low-wing primary trainer used by the military from the 1950's through the 1970's:

http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=PKZ4400

This plane, for just over $200 street price, will include a 5-channel 72Mhz radio system, brushless outrunner and 25a ESC, and an 1800Mah 3S LiPo pack all right in the box.

This plane boasts 4-channel control, including a steerable nose wheel. It's more powerful and manuverable than the Hobbyzone Super Cub and it's way, way less expensive than the Hobbico Electristar.

Could this finally be the ideal $200 brushless powered trainer that the whole world wants? I don't know, I haven't seen one fly yet!

This should be a good trainer airframe, and a lot of folks will like the low-wing design and the warbird-like details. I guess we'll have to wait and see. They're also doing a PnP version, so maybe a few folks who have already solo'd will try this bird out and report back on what they think as well.