RCU Forums - View Single Post - New H9 Sundowner
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 11:32 PM
TEAMERICA
My Feedback: (77)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New H9 Sundowner

Right now, that is not a Giant Scale Racing anything. Sure, it is "Giant Scale" due to it's 80" wing as far as IMAA goes but there is no class for it in the USRA rule book. It would be nice though because it would bring Giant Scale Racing to the local club venues and at an affordable price. I believe it could be raced on the USRA course with the 1600' pylon spacing just like the Dominators are now and running with the Moki/Mark 2.10 engines. I don't think it would be as fast as the Dominators (currently running just over 100) since it has more frontal area however, with a little engine work and some hot fuels, it might be coaxed over 100mph with the USRA Dominator prop.

It would be nice to see more designs come out to spice up the line-up. It is also nice to see the Sundowner rather than just another Cosmic Wind or Shoestring. Something tells me we might expect a Kelly F1D but more likely a Polecat. Personally, I would like to see a Video Cassut.

Once I saw the Evolution 35GT in it, I knew I had to have one. I predict the first shipment will sell out. I have a Mark 2.10 sitting here waiting for it. Now, where do I get those contoured mufflers?

Keep in mind that all-out speed is not the only thing that makes racing fun. The winner is the first one across the finish line and sometimes just the only one left flying. You can save yourself alot of money by just perfecting your flying and fly a tight course. In the early days of Giant Scale Racing, we clawed our way for every inch of altitude and nursed the airplane around the turns to keep from tip stalling. It was just as much fun back then. Not that I want to work that hard for a race again, but this airplane just needs enough speed to groove and it can be alot of fun.

Speed costs $,,, How fast do you wanna go!?
How fast do you wanna spend?